Hi there, I’m Jenny – the driving and vehicle mods OT.
This is a pretty amazing area of practice – we change lives.
I have been an OT since 2005 and was interested in the area of driving assessment from a pretty early stage; I eventually did the driving training in 2012 and ran a community health driving clinic for a short time, then started my family (my kids are now in primary school). When on maternity leave, I was continually drawn to the area of driving assessment and so started my own business to be able to provide services to clients needing this service. I love being able to help people to be safe and independent, or to give them an opportunity to have their driving assessed.
I have gained experience with complex clients (eg driving from wheelchair) and have gained the additional qualification for heavy vehicle driving assessments.
Clinical excellence, leadership and partnership are really important to me – I am a full member of OT Australia and the QLD driving special interest group; we engage and create a lot of professional development opportunities for our team and colleagues. It is a privilege to have been recognised for our work in bringing the Drive Focus app to Australia – check out our “Awards” section to find out more!
Being a small business owner and mum doesn’t leave me much time, but I do make sure I have some down time for pilates and yoga, massages, doing fun activities with my family, and I love going to musicals!
- B Occ Thy, UQ 2005
- Post grad OT driver assessor, University of Sydney 2012, registration 0912312
- HR driver’s licence
- Heavy vehicle driver assessment 2018
- Vehicle modifications prescription workshop 2019
- Redlands Palliative Care team
- QEII Hospital OT department
- Ekco hand therapy team
- Medicolegal Society of Queensland “Driving Me Crazy” conference – OT role
- UQ fourth year students
- OT exchange conference (OT Australia) 2020: organizing committee
- OT exchange conference: panel “Navigating NDIS in the vehicle modifications space”
- OT exchange conference 2020: presentation: BIDSAM – Brain Injury Driving Self Awareness Measure
- OT Australia National Conference, Sydney 2019
- Mobility Engineering – Vehicle modifications conferences 2018 and 2019
- OT Exchange conference, Melbourne 2022: Exhibitor for Drive Focus app
- OT Australia driving workshops (organizing committee): 2017 and 2019
Delivered workshops and webinars:
- Potential to Drive workshops for OT driver assessors
- When is my young adult client ready for a driving assessment
- How to support young adult client with learning to drive
- Aggressive behaviour management and driving
- Driving workshop for driving OTs