Referrals for a driving assessment can be initiated by a Support Coordinator / Support Planner, GP/specialist, allied health professional, client or family member. All referrals must be accompanied by medical clearance and certificate from a GP/specialist, and a vision assessment completed by an Optometrist/Ophthalmologist.
We are able to service:
- NDIS participants (we are NDIS registered!)
- NIISQ participants
- TAC clients
- other general insurance / solicitor based clients
Referrals must include:
1) Referral form and clearance to undergo OT driving assessment signed by GP/specialist
2) QLD Transport medical certificate signed by GP/specialist "for purposes of OT driving assessment"
--> refer to the Guide: "How to complete a Medical Certificate" to help with this
3) Vision Assessment Form to be completed by an Optometrist / Ophthalmologist prior to driving assessment
4) NDIS Plan - this makes life sooo much easier for you, your Participant and us - to streamline intake and service delivery
5) Hospital discharge summary and any reports previously completed by community / paediatric Occupational Therapists, Psychologists, Neurologist, Psychiatrists, Physiotherapist. We need as much information as possible about the client in order to provide the most accurate assessment and recommendations for driving.
Withholding information can result in an inaccurate assessment and incorrect recommendations - which could lead to significant risks for the client and the community.
who: Zeta Griffiths, Practice Manager
mail: PO Box 2146, Runcorn Q 4113
phone: 0407 671 621
fax: 07 3345 4794