Driving Well Occupational Therapy is a busy practice that provides OT driving assessments for people with medical conditions and injuries in Brisbane, Ipswich and northern Gold Coast.
Common clients that Driving Well OT see include:
- Older clients with general frailty/ageing, physical/functional problems, cognitive decline, dementia
- Neurological conditions eg stroke, brain injury, parkinsons, spinal cord injury, spina bifida
- Orthopaedic injuries eg amputations, hand and shoulder injuries, back injuries
- Physical impairments such as cerebral palsy, congenital deformities
- Vehicle modifications for drivers and passengers (including van conversions)
- Heavy vehicle (truck/bus) assessments
- Learner drivers with Autism/Aspergers, anxiety, intellectual impairment
We service clients who are self-funding, NDIS and other compensable (WorkCover, NIISQ, TAC, iCare).
Have a look at the rest of the website for more information about driving with a medical condition/ disability and the OT driving assessment process.
Jenny Gribbin (Director / OT Driver Assessor) is also the Convenor of the OT Australia (QLD) Driving Special Interest Group, and she is sought after to speak at various department inservices and conferences.
Jenny's personal and professional values are "kindness and passion" and she loves continuous development to be a great clinician and a leader for her team and the greater OT driver assessor network (within Brisbane/QLD and Australia). Jenny is passionate about sharing knowledge and participating in and providing supervision.
Jenny has developed international contacts and has innovated to bring a new "Potential to Drive" approach for young people with ASD, and worked with Dr Miriam Monahan to bring the "Drive Focus" app to Australia. This is an incredible evidence-based tool designed to develop Visual Search skills and can benefit all drivers.
Demand for our service is continually growing and we are very open to expressions of interest to join our team. Driving Well OT offers fantastic administration support, positive and supportive team culture, all the flexibility (working from home, go to school activities), tonnes of clinical supervision and professional development, and the opportunity to really make a difference.